Daniel J. Chung
Born into a military family in Fort Polk, Louisiana, Daniel and his family eventually landed in Knoxville. Daniel attended the University of Tennessee, where he received the prestigious Bicentennial scholarship. After graduation, Daniel spent two years in South Korea teaching English to young students. While in South Korea, Daniel met his future wife and the two returned to Knoxville where he attended the University of Tennessee College of Law on an academic scholarship. Daniel currently resides in Knoxville with his wife and their two children.
Daniel maintains a general civil litigation and transactions practice, with a focus on construction law, estate planning and probate, personal injury, real property, consumer collections and creditors’ remedies and divorce. Previously, Daniel was General Counsel and Compliance Attorney for a large, multi-state law firm and is highly attuned to the broad, varying needs and concerns of business owners.
In addition to his experience in trial courts throughout Tennessee, Daniel has extensive federal court litigation experience, resulting in a number of favorable published opinions, and has appellate experience at both the state and federal level.
Daniel has expansive knowledge of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and the Tennessee Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and is currently the President of the Tennessee Creditors Bar Association.
- Personal Injury
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Civil Litigation
- Construction Law
- Real Estate & Personal Property
- Business Formation, Transactions & Litigation
- Contract Law
- Consumer Collections and Creditors’ Remedies
- Tennessee State Courts
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
- United States District Court, Western District of Tennessee
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- Tennessee Creditors Bar, President
- Tennessee Asian Pacific American Bar Association